Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Problems and Issues...

Yes, I have issues... which cause no end of problems for me... I am slightly OCD, so if a model isnt assembled just right, it makes me twitch... Even to the point I wont ever work on it again...

This also leads into my painting... I cant stand the thought of places on a model I cant reach... It drives me crazy... This leads me to having to break off arms and backpacks so I cant paint the whole model. This of course adds to the time it takes me to paint said models... Leading to the fact that I havent had a painted army since 2e...

I alctually had a pretty good start on 3 fully painted Salamanders Tactical squads back in late 3e and when 4e rolled in I dipped the whole lot of them... Now they sit half stripped in a bucket... I havent touched them in years...

Back before I lost my job and had my surgery in 2008, I sat down and wrote up a 1750 point army. I then purchased the whole thing in one go, thats pretty much what I listed in a previous post. I have an army. Its assembled and playable despite being completely unpaited.

And thats what I need to change. I WANT TO OWN A FULLY PAINTED ARMY! I'm serious this time... I am slightly embarrassed that its not even painted... Especially when I see some horrendous paint jobs on a table... and I know I can do the same if not better. This is partly why I havent really played much... In order to change this, I'm going to have to sit down and paint...

And that leads into another problem... Finding a color scheme I like and will be easy to paint and will look fairly decent once I am done. Problem here... I cant decide at all... I need a paint scheme that is going to be super easy and fast to paint so that my hangups wont slow me down very much... I also need something that stands out to me and screams character.

I just dont know what that is...

No comments:

Post a Comment